How often do you pull a box of frozen chicken nuggets from the freezer for lunch or dinner? Once a week? Twice? If your kid really loves them, I’d wager it might be even more than that. I get it. Chicken nuggets are convenient and kids will eat them. But what ingredients make up your favorite brand? Are they made from things you want your little ones eating?
These are unbelievably easy chicken nuggets to make, absolutely delicious and made from ingredients you can pronounce. The best part is that you can make a huge batch and keep them in the freezer for future meals, so not only do they save on the expense of boxed nuggets but also the time it takes to go to the grocery to buy them. What could be more simple, economical, nutritious and yummy than that?
Easy Chicken Nuggets (24 Nuggets)
- Prep Time: 15 mins,
- Cook Time: 15 mins,
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless & skinless cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (also known as 5 minute oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.
- Place the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or on a plate and stir to combine.
- With moistened hands, roll 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a “nugget” shape.
- Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.*
- Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spray nuggets with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve.**
* To freeze, place nuggets on a sheet tray after this step and freeze for one hour. Place nuggets in labeled freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, follow the directions starting with step
** If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking.
- Serving Size
- Servings per Recipe 24 Nuggets
AMOUNT PER SERVING:
- Total Calories 50
- Total Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 90mg
- Total Carbohydrates 4g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 7g